The artistic and athletic aspects of movement have defined and enriched my life for as long as I can remember. As a highly active individual and former dancer, I have had personal experience living with injuries and pain. My ongoing search for the best method, program, or therapy that would give me the relief I needed led me to the most groundbreaking and effective healing method available. This has been an education, and life changing experience. I look at health and healing entirely differently now. I have a much deeper understanding of, and appreciation for our innate ability to heal fully and completely.
Education, Certifications, and Training
BA (Dance) Simon Fraser University B.C.
Studied Exercise Physiology, University of New Brunswick
Pilates PhysicalMind Canada Senior Teacher Trainer
PhysicalMind Institute The Method® Pilates Comprehensive Certification with concurrent certification through Body Harmonics® Pilates, Toronto ON
Reiki Master, Usui Tradition
The Zone Technique Certified Practitioner
The VOILA Method – Structural Joint Balancing
Yamuna® Body Rolling, Yamuna® Foot Fitness,Yamuna® Table Treatment
Active Isolated Stretching – AIS level 1
Arts NB Grant Recipient
New Brunswick Arts Board Creation Grant 1996, 2002
New Brunswick Arts Board Travel Grant, 1994
Simon Fraser University Bice Caple Fine Arts Award Recipient Recognition for distinguished artistic achievement and contributions.
After earning my degree in Dance which included coursework in Kinesiology, Movement Analysis, Gerontology, and Visual Art, I became a certified group fitness instructor, and shortly after attained my Pilates comprehensive certification in The Method® Pilates, PhysicalMind Institute NY, and concurrent certification through Body Harmonics Pilates Toronto in 2002. In 2008 I transferred my membership to Pilates PhysicalMind Canada and joined their faculty as PMI Canada’s Teacher Trainer for the Atlantic Canada region. I am a certified in the Zone Technique, a healing modality that is based on the teachings of Dr. Thurman Fleet (1895-1983).
Teachers and Mentors
I am grateful for the brilliant and accomplished teachers I have studied under, and recognise the expertise and guidance they have provided. A special thank you to my teacher and mentor Dr. Peter Goldman, creator of The Zone Technique
- Gweneth Lloyd OC * and Betty Farrally OC* Founders, Royal Winnipeg Ballet Order of Canada,
- Irene Dowd Juilliard School Faculty Member, recipient of The Balasaraswati/Joy Ann Dewey Beinecke Chair for Distinguished Teaching
- Grant Strate OC * Order of Canada
- Peggy Baker OC*Order of Canada National Ballet of Canada Faculty Member Governor General’s Performing Arts Award
- Kei Takei Guggenheim Fellowship
Pilates Master Teachers
- Marie-Jose Blom creator of Pilates Leadership Concepts
- Susan Greskevitch
- Alan Herdman Alan Herdman Pilates
- Kim Krausher STOTT Pilates
- Elizabeth Larkam co-founder Polestar Education
- Margot MacKinnon founder Body Harmonics Pilates
- Dianne Miller founder Vancouver Pilates Centre
- Pat Guyton Fletcher Pilates
all content © 2018 Centrework Pilates & Movement Integration